Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Home country
- Type of research activities
- Applied research, Basic research
- Fields of research
- Other social sciences, Natural sciences, Engineering and technology
- Japanese, English
Two decades of teaching and research experience in the field of Neonatolgy and Pediatrics. Received funding from ICMR/DBT/SERB/INCLEN organisation from India and WHO/Gates Foundation/Xerox -research USA (International)for projects on 'Preterm birth,Methylxanthines use for apnea of prematurity, Childhood pneumonia,maternal immunization and adverse neonatal outcome etc. Presently concentrating on sepsis burden in neonates,preterm gut microbiome and antibiotics stewardship.
1. Genomic Surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 in India. Interested in immune response and immunopathology of SARS-CoV-2 for its functional role in disease severity and clinical outcome.
3. Airway inflammation, lung function and lung disease.
4. Correlating basic research in human disease and public health, through large clinical data.
5. Metabolic dysfunction and cellular stress response pathways that link obesity, asthma and diabetes.
6. Use of information technology and big data analytics for effective application of community health efforts and development of pattern-based diagnostics
7. Creating overall health infrastructure in such resource limited settings, and supporting public health research, especially via digital health and digital transformation
Guðrún Ragnarsdóttir (email@example.com) is an assistant professor. Her specialties lies within the upper secondary school level and her research interests include pedagogy, school development, professional development, political science, and school leadership.
1. Collaborations, Partnerships, Grant Management, Policy
2. COVID and non-COVID research.
3. Capacity Building
Nutrigenomics Transcriptomics Cell Biology Host-pathogen Interactions Virology Obesity and Diabetes
The global vaccinology training website will help identify further additional vaccinology courses that will eventually be listed on the electronic registry. A primary aim of the platform is to facilitate identiﬁcation of suitable training by those looking for such courses. This platform will also help strengthen a workforce network to advance vaccinology around the global. The studies of transmission mechanism of emerging viruses have provided important basis for the policy maker from sciences to control and prevent the emerging infectious diseases, especially the elucidation of the relationship between novel coronavirus infection
We utilize as well as develop novel state-of-the-art nano-tools and nano-technologies to address above problems. If you want to discuss more along the research lines, please do contact us. This research requires developing skill set in a variety of fields, from physics, optics, chemistry and surface chemistry, cleanroom based nano fabrication, computer programming, modelling & interfacing, ultra-low-noise electronics, optical microscopy, theoretical modeling, molecular biology, microfluidics, DNA and protein engineering, cell biology, single molecule detection using nanopore platform, single molecule force measurements using Laser Optical Tweezers and Atomic Force Microscope as well as molecular visualization using different fluorescence methods.