Prof. Laura Lechuga - NanoBiosensors and Bioanalytical Applications -
- Home country
- Type of research activities
- Applied research, Experimental development
- Fields of research
- Engineering and technology, Medical and health sciences
- Specialisation and expertise
Our activity encompasses the entire process of generating new photonic biosensor devices, including fundamental research and theoretical design, nanofabrication, surface biofunctionalization, lab-on-a-chip integration, and their final validation in real scenarios. We have widely demonstrated our expertise in:
- Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR and LSPR) biosensors: design and development of portable devices with user-friendly operation and high performance.
- Bimodal Waveguide (BiMW) biosensors: our pioneering design of interferometric nanophotonic system for ultrasensitive label-free analysis.
- Sensor biofunctionalization: unique know-how on gold and silicon surface chemistry strategies for controlled and optimum bioreceptor immobilization, including proteins, antibodies, and oligonucleotides.
- Biomedical applications: assay development and clinical validation for diagnostics and therapy monitoring of different diseases and disorders, including cancer, infections, celiac disease, allergies, etc. Our biosensors have been successfully applied for detection of proteins, antibodies, microRNA, pathogens (virus and bacteria), peptides, drugs, and also epigenetic biomarkers (alternative splicing, DNA methylation, etc.).
- Environmental applications: assay development and validation for detection and monitoring of pollutants and contaminants in water, food, etc.
- English, Spanish