- Home country
- Type of research activities
- Applied research, Experimental development
- Fields of research
- Natural sciences, Engineering and technology
- Specialisation and expertise
- The R&D team of Kubilay Boya currently consists of 1 PhD, 4 MSc, 10 BSc and 3 AS level researchers. Paint and coatings research is an interdisciplinary subject, it combines chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science and technology and materials science. Our team in Kubilay Boya has chemists, chemical engineers and polymer scientists, reflecting the diverse nature of paint and coatings. They are specialists in design and scaling-up new formulations, chemical and physical analysis of wet paints and dried coating films, resin synthesis, structural elucidation methods including Gas Chromatography and Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy.Since its first production back in 2005, Kubilay Boya participated in several R&D projects supported by The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK). These projects include Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI) Prepolymer Synthesis, Environment-Friendly Low-Lead Mirror Backing Paint, Epoxy Acrylate Oligomer Synthesis. Furthermore, studies to develop an antiviral wood coating system which has efficacy against enveloped positive-sense single-stranded RNA viruses such as SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19 are ongoing at Kubilay Boya R&D facilities.
- English, Turkish