The European Commission has been at the forefront of supporting research and innovation and coordinating European and global research efforts, including preparedness for pandemics. For real-time updates about the EU’s Coronavirus research and innovation funding, results and impacts, see the Commission’s dedicated coronavirus R&I website.
There are many additional resources. Check out the list below.
- Funding & Tender Opportunities This is the portal for tenders and funding programmes managed by the European Commission and other EU bodies. It is a centralised database containing information about tens of thousands of research projects and participants. Find funding and tender opportunities for research related to COVID-19.
- European Research Area Corona platform This platform is a one-stop shop providing comprehensive information about funding opportunities in relation to Coronavirus at European Union and national level.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions MSCA projects researching COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2 and related topics
- COVID-19 Data portal Run under the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), this is a free-to-use, open digital space for researchers to share and upload data sets.
- CORDIS The Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS) is the European Commission's primary source of results from the projects funded by the EU's framework programmes for research and innovation. It provides information about projects. Read CORDIS articles about coronavirus and find out how EU research projects are tackling the current and future outbreaks.
- EIT Health A platform allowing researchers and product developers to collaborate, submitting “offers” or “asks” in a classified-ads type marketplace. No longer accepting new submissions.
- Linkage Tool for the COVID-19 Rapid Response Funding A directory of researchers, healthcare professionals and organisations involved with the Canadian COVID-19 rapid response funding opportunity.
- SciBeh A behavioural science community focused on COVID-19 research, offering a comprehensive knowledge base, a reddit forum and extensive community of participants.
- COVID-19 Social Science Research Tracker With a social science focus, this community-driven spreadsheet collects project information and contact data for social-science related research activities.